Which toilet do you pick when you walk into a public bathroom?
Whether I am shopping, eating at a restaurant, or traveling, using the “public bathroom” (yes those multi-stalled often smelly noises air dryer bath rooming rooms) is inevitable!
So because I seem to think of crazy things at odd times, I began thinking about picking stalls. Weird, I know! But really, why or how do we pick a stall? Is it the cleanest, the closest, the only one open?
So, my observation of my behavior were:
- I never picked the first stall
- I never chose the stall that I saw someone just come out of
- If a toilet wasn’t flushed or there was paper on the floor I passed it by
- If I had a child with me, I always make a beeline for the handicapped bathroom
- I greatly appreciate the hook on the door or wall for my purse/ diaper bag
- I always chose the 2nd stall!
So, it appears that I am a creature of habit… And for the most part, yes, that is true!!
What do these observations mean? What did I do with this info? I started watching others. Don’t take that the wrong way! Perhaps, “I notice what others are choosing” is a better statement. The biggest thing I noticed from that was people rarely used the first stall! So what, right?!
Well, as I said earlier, I was looking for a clean open stall. Thus, I starting jumping stall and using the first one. I almost never wait, it has pretty much always been clean, and business can get done!
What other crazy things do we think about and monitor? Hmmmm.
Potty Talk complete!